- Charivari Swallow hat and Mobile Phone twirler Demonstration
- Charivari Anchor hat and Heart twirler demonstration
- Charivari 2020 - Let's Dance carnival
- Charivari 2020 - Let's Dance lesson
- Covid 19
- Cheriton Light Festival 2020
- Everywhere Means Something to Someone
- charivari day 2019
- The Parish Frieze
- The Votive Fishing Fleet
- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
Charivari 2020 - Let's Dance carnival
18 July 2020
Do you like to dance? We cannot take to the streets this year to celebrate with you all for our usual Charivari Day carnival, but we can certainly all still dress up and dance online. We have commissioned a new dance video to learn and film yourself dancing, which we need you to upload for us to edit into a huge, Charivari community dance celebration that will celebrate how wonderful you all are.
We have a 1000 free carnival activity packs to give away, which include materials, activity sheets and a link to online demonstrations to make costumes and adorn yourself for the dance. Everyone is welcome to join in, young, old and everyone in between.
To request a free Charivari pack, please email your postal address to email@example.com You can also keep an eye on our website, as by 26th June all of our videos, activity sheet and instructions for getting involved will be live for you to access and enjoy using. To access all the downloadable resources for Charivari 2020 - Let's Dance! click here.
With particular thanks to funders Arts Council England, Folkestone town Council, The Roger De Haan Charitable Trust and Creative Folkestone Festival Fund, Folkestone and Hythe District Council Councillors Wing, Keen, McConville and Monk.
Strange Cargo creative team: Brigitte Orasinski, Ruby Bolton and Hannah Rushforth design, Scarlett Rickard graphic design, Owen Fisher film editor, Dan Addison demonstration films, Lucy Thane and Sophie DeVooght at Folkestone Dance choreography; Randolph and Eliy Matthews dance adaptation and performance; Owain East and Dr Matt Lodder advisors.