- Charivari Day 2019
- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- The Parish Frieze
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
15 December 2018
Everyone is welcome to join us at Elwick Place in Ashford at 10am on Saturday 15th December to celebrate the unveiling of our new public artwork The Elwick Etchings.
The piece was commissioned by Stanhope plc and is a collection of remembrances about Ashford's historic Cattle Market, which is the important local site where Elwick Place now stands, as well as stories, poems and local people's histories about the surrounding Ashford area. Over 100 of the contributions shared with Strange Cargo by the Ashford community have been permanently etched into 101 large granite paving slabs and set into the public walkways of this impressive new town centre destination, for everyone to read and enjoy.