- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Charivari Day 2018
- The Parish Frieze
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
The Elwick Etchings
30 November 2018
Strange Cargo has been commissioned by Stanhope plc to create a public artwork for the new Elwick Place development which is currently being built on the site of Ashford's historic cattle market in Elwick Road. We have been working with local people to do this and have collected stories, fun facts, folklore and historic knowledge about this important local site and over 100 of the contributions will be permanently etched into the pavement of the new Elwick Place development.
We have now finished collecting the stories, so please look out for the new artwork when Elwick Place opens to the public later this year. Keep watch for news.