- The Elwick Etchings
- Charivari Day 2018
- The Parish Frieze
- Want to get your own 3D printed mini me?
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
From the Pacific to the Atlantic
08 May 2017
Peter Matthews is a British artist who works directly in and with the ocean. His work spans painting, drawing, lens based media, sculpture and performance, and is informed by the applied and natural sciences together with a wide range of eclectic interests gathered through the experiences of travelling and being in the natural world.
The works in this solo show at Strange Cargo gallery span an intense period of time exploring, traveling and being with the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans over the last six months. During these times, the works have been through a myriad range of experiences, from tropical typhoons to beautiful encounters with the natural world, loss, tragedy, passing, enlightenment and divine intervention. Monday the 8th of May to Saturday the 13th of May.