- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Charivari Day 2018
- The Parish Frieze
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
From Out A Darker Sea
05 December 2017
6.30pm-8.30pm Tuesday 5th December at All Souls Church in Cheriton. Tickets available here until 6pm Monday 4th Tickets will be available on the door at All Souls Church on the night of the performance for anyone who has not purchased theirs beforehand.
Strange Cargo is delighted to be partnering with Forma to bring Brooklyn-based contemporary percussion group Sō Percussion to Cheriton. Sō Percussion will present an audio-visual exploration of the social history of British coal mining in From Out a Darker Sea.
For two centuries, the coal industry formed the backbone of many towns and cities across England. Entire communities sprang into existence as fervent mining activity fuelled the industrial revolution. Integrating art, narrative, photography, film and an original musical soundscape performed live, Sō Percussion – known for their innovative and original productions – capture the environment, personal stories, and aspirations of a community fighting against industrial decline.