- The Elwick Etchings
- Charivari Day 2018
- The Parish Frieze
- Want to get your own 3D printed mini me?
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
01 November 2017
John Wedgwood-Clarke has just published Landfill, a new book of poetry. ISBN 978-1-908853-84-4. During the exhibition Seaswim: Head Above Water at Strange Cargo Gallery in 2016, we were delighted to work with John, commissioning a new poem as part of his Artist in Residence.
After many afternoons in the sea and an unforgettable day swimming with a group of participants, writing, eating and articulating our thoughts and emotions outside a beach hut off Lower Sandgate Road, John wrote Folkestone Embarkations - his wonderful response to his time in Folkestone which appears in his new book.
There’s keen delight in what we have: The rattle of pebbles on the shore W.B. Yeats
1 The Harbour Arm
They are tomb-stoning from a ledge on the Harbour Arm, jostling apostles of thrill, the sea yelling up as they leap down its throat,