- Covid 19
- Cheriton Light Festival 2020
- Everywhere Means Something to Someone
- charivari day 2019
- The Parish Frieze
- The Votive Fishing Fleet
- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
01 October 2016
“A zine (/ˈziːn/ zeen; an abbreviation of fanzine, or magazine) is most commonly a small circulation self-published work of original and/or appropriated texts and images usually reproduced via photocopier.”
The Zine Library is an event that adheres to no theme but instead acts to show how diverse and accessible the format is, especially in this digital age. Displayed are submissions from all over the world, focusing on all sorts of subjects, in all manner of playful interpretations and including small independent publications. It is a true celebration of the handheld and the DIY.
For the third of Strange Cargo’s zine libraries, we will be joined by a myriad of talent who will help pull off a fantastic event for all ages and abilities.
There will be music, workshops and zines to read and buy from all other the world. Keep watch for news of the programme.
Huge thanks to sponsors who have made this event possible: ART31, Shepway District Council Cheriton Ward Plan, Cllr. Janet Holben and Kent County Council Cllrs. Hod Birkby and Bob Neaves.