- The Elwick Etchings
- Charivari Day 2018
- The Parish Frieze
- Want to get your own 3D printed mini me?
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
In Favour of Public Space
15 March 2016
Public space is very much at the fore in Strange Cargo's work. Be it carnivals, light festivals or public artworks, our concern is to explore the relationship between people, art and the spaces we all occupy.
In 2008 we were delighted to be awarded a Special Mention Award from the European Prize for Urban Public Space at a ceremony in Barcelona - one of only four awards made from over 170 projects across 27 European countries. This new book published by Consortium of the Centre de Cultura Contemporania de Barcelona chronicles the first ten years of this prestigious award. Included is Strange Cargo's Other People's Photographs, which is the artwork that collected the prize, accompanied by the essay Memory, Public Art and Urban Regeneration by Xavier Ribas. If you would like to read this fascinating account of the best of urban space design over the last decade, the ISBN is 978-84-92861-38-5
The artwork picked up a number of prestigious national and international awards including the Royal Town Planning Institute, the Charity Awards and Arts and Business Creative Champion overall regional winner.