- The Elwick Etchings
- Charivari Day 2018
- The Parish Frieze
- Want to get your own 3D printed mini me?
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
Cheriton Lights Festival 2016
08 March 2016
There were so many amazing artworks at this years Cheriton Light Festival. Enjoy browsing through images of the event and read below about all the extraordinary artworks that were at this years festival.
Jyll Bradley - Espalier (2016) - Strange Cargo, Geraldine Road Yes An espalier is a technique for training fruit trees so that maximum sun reaches the ripening fruit. This new work draws upon Bradley's childhood memories of Kentish orchards. Created for the sunny southerly wall of Strange Cargo the work celebrates the twin colours of growth - green leaf and red fruit.
David Ward - Light on the Feet (Footfalls for Samuel Beckett) - Strange Cargo Gallery, Geraldine Road. This work is about stepping, walking, touch and being in physical contact with the earth. It is inspired