- Everywhere Means Something to Someone - the people's guidebook to Romney Marsh
- Charivari 2020 - Let's Dance Film
- Charivari Swallow hat and Mobile Phone twirler Demonstration
- Charivari Anchor hat and Heart twirler demonstration
- Charivari 2020 - Let's Dance carnival
- Charivari 2020 - Let's Dance lesson
- Covid 19
- Cheriton Light Festival 2020
- Everywhere Means Something to Someone
- charivari day 2019
- The Parish Frieze
- The Votive Fishing Fleet
- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
Thanks for your votes
01 May 2015
After a couple of weeks of voting Strange Cargo was runner up to Nottingham in our quest to bring Gillian Wearing to Folkestone. Thanks to everyone who voted - there were over 1500 of you. We led most of the way and what an amazing result considering our population is 47,000 and Nottingham is 300,000.
Remember last year you all voted for Strange Cargo to win Spencer Tunick to come to Folkestone, well we are so delighted to have been shortlisted again by Connect at Museums at Night to win the absolutely amazing artist Gillian Wearing, who will create the project Personal Karaoke for our new gallery at The Factory.
We have stiff competition from Backlit in Nottingham, The Dylan Thomas Centre in Swansea, The Museum of Croydon and our lovely neighbours at Turner Contemporary who are all also shortlisted - but we know we can all do it again!!
Personal Karaoke will involve you!! We will be asking people to write about themselves based upon a topic chosen by Gillian and Strange Cargo and these lyrics will be set to music and performed by people with a Karaoke machine on the night of the exhibition in the gallery. No previous singing experience necessary!!!! We intend to turn the gallery into a pub for the night and in exchange The Royal Cheriton pub will be taking on the mantle of a gallery with live streaming the whole event in the main bar.