- Peter Matthews artist talk
- From the Pacific to the Atlantic
- The Rat King
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with David Ward
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Cheriton Lights Festival 2016
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
28 October 2015
We were delighted to have a visit from Darren Henley, the Chief Executive of Arts Council England this week, who together with Hedley Swain and Jon Linstrum was touring the region and meeting the artists and organisations that are busy creating Great Art for Everyone. We toured the new gallery space at Strange Cargo and Darren tweeted his appreciation of Mahtab Hussain's exhibition The Commonality of Strangers, which recently opened in the gallery.
We discussed the importance of Strange Cargo's participatory practice and our plans for the future, including the 2016 Cheriton Light Festival, which the Arts Council has just made a generous funding award to support. We also talked about the exciting opportunities that are being developed in the Cheriton Artland programme, which alongside our other projects involving new artists, communities and funding partners will be keeping us busy far into the future.