- Re-scheduled date for free zine workshop
- Free family workshop
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with David Ward
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Cheriton Lights Festival 2016
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
Cheriton Lights 2014
22 February 2014
Strange Cargo are pleased to announce the second Cheriton Light Festival is taking place on the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd February. Finale fireworks at 8pm Sunday to be viewed from Cheriton High Street. Cheriton will be illuminated on each evening between 6pm and 9pm and the high street closed to traffic, as Cheriton Lights Festival reclaims the streets of this Folkestone suburb, bringing high quality, exhilarating artworks to people’s doorsteps. There is very limited parking nearby, so visitors are requested to please walk or use public transport. Folkestone West Station five minutes walk from the event.
Funders for the event: Arts Council England, Paul Hamlyn Foundation, Roger De Haan Charitibale Trust, Tory Family Foundation, Folkestone Town Council, Shepway District Council, Interreg European Funding, L’Ecole d’Art du Calaisis and Kent County Council. Cheriton Light Festival Travel Partners are Stagecoach South East. Special thanks to Cllrs. Hod Birkby, Roger West, Richard Wallace, John Collier and Peter Gane.