- Covid 19
- Cheriton Light Festival 2020
- Everywhere Means Something to Someone
- charivari day 2019
- The Parish Frieze
- The Votive Fishing Fleet
- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
The Zine Library
06 July 2013
The Zine Library: CALLING ALL ZINE MAKERS
“A zine (/ˈziːn/ zeen; an abbreviation of fanzine, or magazine) is most commonly a small circulation self-published work of original and/or appropriated texts and images usually reproduced via photocopier.”
Strange Cargo are currently looking for submissions to The Zine Library – a mini zine fair to be held at Georges House Gallery, Folkestone, over the first weekend of July.
This is an event that adheres to no theme but instead acts to show how diverse and accessible the format is, especially in this digital age. We encourage submissions on all sorts of subjects, in all manner of playful interpretations and shall include small independent publications as well. This is a celebration of the handheld and the DIY.
The deadline for entry is the 1 July. All submissions need to be sent to Lucy Condon, Strange Cargo, 8 The Old High Street, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 1RL. If you have any queries or wish for us to view your publication electronically first please do send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.