- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Charivari Day 2018
- The Parish Frieze
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
The Miners' Hymns
10 October 2013
6.30pm at The Factory, Geraldine Road, Cheriton
Strange Cargo, in conjunction with art and media producers Forma, are pleased to present Bill Morrison’s documentary The Miners’ Hymn (2010) – a film documenting the mining industry that has played such a strong role in Britain’s history. Utilising rarely-seen footage from the British Film Institute, the BBC and other archives, Morrison has worked alongside Icelandic composer Jóhann Jóhannsson to piece together a story that celebrates the social, cultural and political aspects of this abolished industry.
During the Kent leg of the films UK tour Forma join Strange Cargo at our factory in Cheriton for a jam-packed event. Following an afternoon screening with local schools the evenings programme will include a performance from the Snowdown Colliery Welfare Male Voice Choir, along with a talks from speakers connected to Kent’s own coalfields and of course a screening of the film itself.
The event is free but booking is required. For more information on the event or to book a place please call us on 01303 244533.