- Charivari Swallow hat and Mobile Phone twirler Demonstration
- Charivari Anchor hat and Heart twirler demonstration
- Charivari 2020 - Let's Dance carnival
- Charivari 2020 - Let's Dance lesson
- Covid 19
- Cheriton Light Festival 2020
- Everywhere Means Something to Someone
- charivari day 2019
- The Parish Frieze
- The Votive Fishing Fleet
- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
Other Peoples Photographs: The Making of...
08 November 2012
Now available to buy on Ebay with free p&p. Strange Cargo is delighted to announce the publication of Other People’s Photographs: The Making of a Very Public Artwork, the definitive book of the permanent public art installation comprising personal photographs of family and friends in the streets of Folkestone, Cheriton and Sandgate. Along with photographs from all of the now distinctive signs that have come to characterise the streets of the area, the full-colour book reveals many more of the images that were donated by the public, amounting to over 740 photographs accompanied by the stories behind the images for the very first time. Beautifully printed in A4 landscape format with a foreword by Brett Rogers, director of the Photographers’ Gallery in London, the book begins with the most recent colour snaps running chronologically back in time as far as the 1800s, capturing the collective experiences that unify us through the generations.
Other People’s Photographs is for sale at George’s House Gallery, 8 The Old High Street, Folkestone or at Waterstones in folkestone for the price of £25.00. Please call 01303 244533 or email email@example.com to reserve your copy or for further information.