- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Charivari Day 2018
- The Parish Frieze
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
My Heart Belongs to Hastings
23 September 2012
The launch of Strange Cargo's new public artwork will take place at 12 noon on Sunday 23rd September 2012 on the promenade opposite Warrior Square at St. Leonards in Hastings as part of the 2012 Coastal Currents festival. Thanks to Depth3D for this 3D digital model.
The new interactive artwork has been constructed from reclaimed greenheart groyne timbers from nearby Pevensey Bay and is intended to become a destination for people to leave a lasting and very personal souvenir of their time in Hastings. The artwork will grow as thousands of padlocks are attached to the sculpture's mooring rings by local people and visitors. Inspired by the global Love Locks phenomenon, the decorated padlocks will represent love tokens, mementoes and simple reminders of time spent in this creatively blossoming seaside town with its sunshine, southerly breezes and constantly changing seas and skies.