- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Charivari Day 2018
- The Parish Frieze
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
Charivari Day 2012
16 June 2012
Folkestone is the place to be this Saturday. At 2pm the parade leaves The Stade and follows a route up The Old High St, through theTown Centre precinct, joining The Leas at West Terrace and reaching the bandstand by 3.15pm. The very noisy and exciting parade drummers Batala Portsmouth, Beatroots, Section 5 and the Whitstable Samba band will be performing until 5.45 and then the brilliant Trophy Husbands are headlining at 6pm.
This year's theme is My Big,Fat Summer Carnival and the costumes are an fabulous and tongue-in-cheek take on Diamond Jubilee, Green Man, Olympics, Garden Parties, Seaside and Music Festival sections - all the fab things this years British summer is made of. Don't miss this magical day out in Folkestone.
Huge thanks go our sponsors Roger De Haan Charitable Trust, Folkestone Town Council, Rotary Club of Folkestone Channel, Cllr. Roland Tolputt, Kent County Council and Shepway District Council.