- Covid 19
- Cheriton Light Festival 2020
- Everywhere Means Something to Someone
- charivari day 2019
- The Parish Frieze
- The Votive Fishing Fleet
- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
symposium 22nd Sept: participation in the visual arts
20 September 2011
To book your place and pay by card, contact: ArtReach Tel: 01628 675800 firstname.lastname@example.org or download the brochure and return the booking form.
In partnership with The Folkestone Triennial 2011, this international symposium, the final stage of Strange Cargo's 'Stretching New Boundaries' programme, will bring together influential international practitioners and theorists to discuss and examine the value and power of creating participatory visual artwork and to explore future directions for this evolving sector.
Speakers will include: Jochen Gerz, Andrea Schlieker Curator of the 2011 Folkestone Triennial, Dr Jonathan Vickery, Angus Farquhar Artistic Director of NVA, FrenchMottershead, boredomresearch, Assocreation and Mirjam Struppek.
The venue is the Leas Cliff Hall in Folkestone, 10.30am to 4pm. The symposium fee is £ 30.00 (£25 + VAT) which Includes lunch, refreshments, a tour of the Folkestone Triennial 2011 and an evening reception, plus a copy of Everywhere Means Something to Someone - The People's Guidebook to Folkestone, a 2011 Folkestone Triennial commission created by Strange Cargo.