- Charivari 2020 - Let's Dance Film
- Charivari Swallow hat and Mobile Phone twirler Demonstration
- Charivari Anchor hat and Heart twirler demonstration
- Charivari 2020 - Let's Dance carnival
- Charivari 2020 - Let's Dance lesson
- Covid 19
- Cheriton Light Festival 2020
- Everywhere Means Something to Someone
- charivari day 2019
- The Parish Frieze
- The Votive Fishing Fleet
- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
Everywhere Means Something to Someone - Folkestone Triennial 2011
25 June 2011
Strange Cargo has been commissioned by Andrea Schlieker for the 2011 Folkestone Triennial and Creative Foundation to create Everywhere Means Something to Someone - the people's guidebook to Folkestone, as one of the 19 official artworks for the Folkestone Triennial 2011.
An exhibition that encapsulates the essence of 'home' has been curated by Strange Cargo in Georges House Gallery where visitors can buy their copy of the guidebook, pause during their busy day, put their feet up to reflect on what they have seen and have a cup of tea, before heading back out on their journey of discovery around the town. There is an opportunity for people to contribute to the exhibition by recording a short commentary on what they have seen during their visit and what they think about Folkestone.
The guidebook is for sale for £5.
The exhibition has been generously sponsored by Arts Council England, Kent County Council, Shepway District Council, Roger De Haan Charitable Trust, Church and Dwight UK Ltd., Folkestone Town Council, Folkestone Estates, Timpsons Ltd. and Remland Carpets. Special thanks go to Claire Foster and Philip Gearing for their invaluable input in helping design the exhibition. Unique designs by Scarlett Rickard.