- Zine Library
- Sea Swim at Folkestone beach
- The Rat King
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with David Ward
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Cheriton Lights Festival 2016
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
Cheriton Winter Grotto now open - free entry
01 December 2011
The Winter Grotto installation at Strange Cargo's workshop, The Factory, 43 Geraldine Road in Cheriton is a celebration of the local community. Over a thousand little houses, a floor size Ordnance Survey map of the area and one hundred local voices reading Charles Dickens classic novella - A Christmas Carol, combine to create a stunning experience for visitors. There is also a luxury chocolate hamper as the prize in a free draw as part of our consultation with local people.
The Grotto is the first project in Strange Cargo's programme of new work that aims to bring extraordinary creative interventions to unexpected places, raise the profile of the arts in the Cheriton and Morehall area and open up opportunities for much wider creative collaborations to develop across the UK and beyond. We are currently working closely with ArtReach consultants to attract new income to enable this exciting work to happen. Entry is free of charge and there are workshops to decorate a house to add to the map room. The Cheriton Grotto opening times are 1st to 23rd December Thur & Fri 2 - 6pm. Sat & Sun 12 - 4pm.