- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Charivari Day 2018
- The Parish Frieze
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
charivari Day 2011
09 July 2011
Folkestones most original street carnival parade is THIS SATURDAY. The theme is Foundlings and Fairytales and this years carnival is going to be the biggest, loudest and most fabulous Charivari yet!
The procession leaves The Stade at 2pm, continues into The Old High Street, through the Town Centre, turns into West Terrace and along The Leas to arrive at The Bandstand where a music programme will continue until 6pm.
All participants should gather from 1pm at The Stade, large costumes should be collected from The Brewery Tap on Tontine Street between 1pm and 1.30pm - don't be late. Don't forget your comfy shoes, sunblock and water......and whistles and GLITTER!!
We would like to say a big thank you to all the funders and supporters who have contributed to this years event, including Arts Council England, Kent County Council, Shepway District Council, Folkestone Town Council, The Roger De Haan Trust, East Folkestone Together and Councillor Tolputt.
To see pictures from last years Charivari Day Carnival click here