- Everywhere Means Something to Someone
- charivari day 2019
- The Parish Frieze
- The Votive Fishing Fleet
- Unveiling The Elwick Etchings
- Forget Me Not events
- Cheriton Light Festival 2018
- Folkestone Embarkations by John Wedgwood-Clarke
- Interview with Ross Ashton & Karen Monid
- Interview with Jyll Bradley
- In Favour of Public Space
- Darren Henley visits Strange Cargo
- The People's Guidebook to Lens
- Strange Cargo: the future of cultural participation
best art vinyl 2010 winners announced
04 January 2011
The winner of Best Art Vinyl 2010, announced 4th January 2011, is the Klaxons album ‘Surfing the Void’ with its striking image of a cat in a spacesuit. Caribou’s ‘Swim’ took second place and the relatively unknown German dance label Cadenza completed the Top 3 with its four tracks Twelve inch ‘Split EP’ of dance tunes.
The nominations and winners will be on show until Wednesday 12th January and the play and display frames can also be bought in the gallery.
Previous winners of the award include Hard-Fi’s stark ‘Stars of CCTV’ in 2005, Thom Yorke’s ‘The Eraser’ in 2006, The Cribs ‘Men’s Needs, Woman’s Needs, Whatever’ in 2007, Fleet Foxes’ eponymous first album and Muse’s psychedelic cover for ‘The Resistance’ in 2009.